I originally built this website to replace my CV and it's since become a resting bed for all the things I've done, people I've worked with and now it's simply a way for you to get to know more about me.
I specialise in community management, event production and delivering special projects of all shapes and sizes and I am doing a Level 4 Diploma in Holistic Massage, Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology.
Where I am now
I live in Bristol and work full time as Operations Manager for an ambitious start up called Common Seas, a non profit focused on the global ocean plastic pollution problem. We convene, we seek to understand and shift consumer behaviour, we rally around experts doing important research and we catalyse and support impactful initiatives - all to stop toxic plastics leaking from the supply chain into our ocean. I'm a wing-woman to the amazing founder Jo Royle - an avid sailor who made a boat made of 12,000 reclaimed plastic bottles and sailed it across the Pacific to raise awareness of the platics issue.
Some things I got up to outside of work last year:
- finished my 2nd Ironman (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike followed by a marathon) - which was really f*cking hard, especially in up to 40mph winds and horizontal rain. Read about that here.
- completed my first ultramarathon (40 miles) in Salzburg, Austria. That was amazing.
- cycled 1000 miles solo to Copenhagen to visit a friend. Here's that story.
- when winter came round I went to a weekly pottery class, sang in a local rock and pop choir and learnt photoshop.
- I then made a timeline of all the things that happened because it was a Big Year!
Where I come from
I grew up adventuring on the Pembrokeshire Coast - coasteering, kayaking, surfing and climbing. My parents are the most inspirational people I know, my mum Sarah Middleton, a Reiki master, life coach and journey therapist and my Dad, Andy Middleton is a creative visionary with a passion for behaviour and systems change driven by sustainability. I have three amazing younger siblings and as a young family, the six of us travelled the world white water rafting, camping and exploring together. In 2012 I married Ross and changed my name from Middleton to Beese. = )
I've lived in St Davids and San Francisco, Costa Rica and Cornwall, Boulder and now Bristol. I've always enjoyed working with innovative companies who are the pioneers of their industries, spanning adventure tourism, hospitality and retail. You can find out more about my work here.